Masks

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

Well what can I say but there I was in the Coop shopping when I heard a customer arguing with another customer about the fact that he wasn't wearing a mask. I couldn't hear what the other man said but he was told that it was the rules and that thanks to him we could be going into another lockdown and that he was a prat! At this point I thought there was a going to be a fight first of all there could be a reason for him to not wear a mask and secondly he could have had a knife on him! I know we should masks for our protection but I do feel sorry for my friends on this forum whose PWDs are not likely to understand why we need to wear masks.

Good luck

MaNaAk

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Not knowing the situation, it is difficult to say but I understand the man getting upset with the non-mask wearing man. I was on a bus and I was asked to move one seat over so a seat could remain empty between myself and the other person. I thanked her for reminding me, since I didn't take the bus very often.

People should remember it is much easier to wear a mask than a ventilator.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I know I've had to remind people about social distancing but I was worried about a fight breaking out.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband is exempt because of his breathing problems with copd. i had a go at some lads 15yrs approx for being in a group of nine. cant they count to 6. i get angry because if people dont follow rules my husband will end up sheilding again for however long and hes already done 4months and i cant go out at the moment.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I don't like wearing a mask (it's warm and my glasses steam up) I don't really care about covid anymore (I am fed up with the whole damn thing) but I will carry on wearing a mask because the supermarkets are full of vulnerable people. I see them almost every day, elderly people with their shopping baskets (just like my dad was) trying to get their bit of shopping and whether I like wearing a mask or not, it is a small thing to do for their sake so I will continue whether I like it or not.

Also I feel the same about those who panic buy. Why is it okay for certain people to hoard six months worth of toilet rolls while at the same time an elderly person can't find a single loo roll for their own use. I would put in rules if I could to stop these selfish people. In fact I think a strategically positioned sniper on the roof would be a good idea. Too many loo rolls and your out.

My local Asda seems to be full of exempt people but they mostly look healthy enough to me. I know I must not judge but there seems to an awful lot of young people who do not need to wear masks which is odd because most of the older generation seem to be able to.

Strangely it is not a problem in Sainburys because they all wear masks in there.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I don't like wearing a mask (it's warm and my glasses steam up) I don't really care about covid anymore (I am fed up with the whole damn thing) but I will carry on wearing a mask because the supermarkets are full of vulnerable people. I see them almost every day, elderly people with their shopping baskets (just like my dad was) trying to get their bit of shopping and whether I like wearing a mask or not, it is a small thing to do for their sake so I will continue whether I like it or not.

Also I feel the same about those who panic buy. Why is it okay for certain people to hoard six months worth of toilet rolls while at the same time an elderly person can't find a single loo roll for their own use. I would put in rules if I could to stop these selfish people. In fact I think a strategically positioned sniper on the roof would be a good idea. Too many loo rolls and your out.

My local Asda seems to be full of exempt people but they mostly look healthy enough to me. I know I must not judge but there seems to an awful lot of young people who do not need to wear masks which is odd because most of the older generation seem to be able to.

Strangely it is not a problem in Sainburys because they all wear masks in there.
they have even said that its the younger ones that are flouting the rules remember durdle door in dorset. its been reported that the numbers of new cases are in the younger age range and not the over 65s which is why at the moment the deaths have not spiralled up but if it cant be stopped that will change as well and they are seeing increases in care home cases as well. my husband was shielded and might have to again if the spread cant be reduced. testing and getting results is not helping as people are spreading it and then getting the result they are positive. i was reading one care home hasnt had tests since june when they ran out and they are in short supply and only got some more recently. my husband doesnt wear a mask due to his difficulty in breathing and carries a card he has dementia. he is the target of many snide remarks about not wearing a mask and would wear one if he could but he cant.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Mum tried to wear a mask but with copd, asthma and azd , it was too much. She is happier now and as she is 90 I find no one expects her to wear one.
A friend of mine wore one for weeks but had a really bad panic attack and has been advised not to wear one. Unfortunately she looks fit and well so I hope she dosnt get aggressively challenged as she tried so hard to comply.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
My friend is making her own mask together
with a sign about her deafness. Also itching to get or make one with musical signs on it like the one I saw yesterday.

MaNaAk

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
What annoys me is people pretending to wear a mask but having their noses sticking out...I’m very tempted to comment on the size of their noses but so far I’ve resisted the temptation...

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m really pleased with the masks I have made from polycotton pillowcases. I`m sure many of us have more than enough of these and I got three masks from one pillowcase.

I used this for guidance but hand stitched the ends in so they would be easier to wear and launder, I also used ordinary elastic because the hair bands were not stretchy enough for me.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Our local Sainsbury’s has a regular announcement about accepting that some customers and staff have invisible disabilities and are unable to wear masks.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I`m really pleased with the masks I have made from polycotton pillowcases. I`m sure many of us have more than enough of these and I got three masks from one pillowcase.

I used this for guidance but hand stitched the ends in so they would be easier to wear and launder, I also used ordinary elastic because the hair bands were not stretchy enough for me.

thankyou even i could do that and im not a needlewoman

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513