Mary

MaryMcat

Feb 12, 2013
don't understand how this works I will be a carer I am not affected at the moment myself my husband has been referred to memory clinic and the Dr. want to see him this Friday about ESR showing in the results of his blood test.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi MaryMcat
your post is fine - if that's what you mean by 'how this works'
I think you're right to say that you're not affected yet, you and your husband are the same 2 people today as you were yesterday, and taking life a day at a time is the way to go - again, if that's what you mean
I guess something sent you both to the memory clinic, and I hope, whatever the results, the consultant makes things clear to you and suggests where you can go for support. Maybe write down any questions that pop into your head so that you know what you want to ask them when you go.

I don't want to swamp you with lots of advice right now - just welcome you to TP.

Do keep posting and ask and say anything you want to - there are lots of thoughtful and kind people here who will offer sympathy and share their experiences

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is a non specific test for inflammation (not infection).

The doctor will want to ask questions and decide the best course of action to find what is causing the high reading.