Marking on mums ankle

Angie25

Jul 24, 2020
Hi all,

Mum has had a bruise like Mark round her ankle for many months. It's now bigger and just wondered if anyone knew what it was?
Thank you.
Angie

Attachments

• 20200801_162330.jpg
    20200801_162330.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 447

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
@Angie25 Have you discussed this with your mum's GP? If not best to ask them as they'll know your mum's medical history and will be able to provide an accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment if necessary.

Angie25

Jul 24, 2020
Thank you both. Her GP has seen it but many months ago when it was small. He said it wouldn't go away but didn't say what it was.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi all,

Mum has had a bruise like Mark round her ankle for many months. It's now bigger and just wondered if anyone knew what it was?
Thank you.
Angie
Hi. Is she on blood thinners? I would get the GP to look at it again.

Alex54

Oct 15, 2018
Newtown, Wales
My wife has the same condition, I don't think there is much you can do for it other than try and keep the legs up as much as possible.

Alex54

Oct 15, 2018
Newtown, Wales
Thank you, do you know what it's called or what causes it?
Sadly no on both counts. She went through a period of her feet and legs swelling to a point we had to buy large men size sandals as that was the only footwear we could get to fit. Then one day the swelling went away and has not returned. I get the impression is it not something to worry about unless it keeps spreading.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
@Angie25
Mum had this several years ago, her GP said it was varicose eczema (also called venous eczema) and was caused by a circulation problem.

Angie25

Jul 24, 2020
Sadly no on both counts. She went through a period of her feet and legs swelling to a point we had to buy large men size sandals as that was the only footwear we could get to fit. Then one day the swelling went away and has not returned. I get the impression is it not something to worry about unless it keeps spreading.
Thank you, glad it's not a problem. I'll just keep an eye on it.