Manchester Marathon October 2020

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
Well, I have bitten the bullet and registered for this virtual event. I was a good distance runner in my youth, but now diagnosed with Alzheimers I find running more of a challenge and can only use a treadmill which guarantees me a constant flat surface. I shall therefore be gracing my gym and hopefully clocking up the required miles.

Wish me luck!!

Last edited:

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
Well I am working my way through this in bite size chunks and have managed the equivalent of a half marathon and achieved 83% of my target fundraising total. I have been thwarted in running distances as after around 5k my balance and concentration go, but I am just over halfway there now.

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
Thank you for showing an interest @jennifer1967 I have run 17.2 miles so far and my objective is to raise £500 which I achieved this very morning. I am finding it difficult as my balance is not good. Hopefully I can complete next week as having a weekend 'off'.

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
Well I have completed my marathon (plus a couple of extra miles as I got muddled) and have raised £700 for Dementia Research so far.