Managing Store Cards

sb_66

Apr 15, 2018
My mum is increasingly forgetful and has numerous store cards. How do we manage what is being spent without a power of attorney?

dbrilyant

Sep 14, 2014
My mum is increasingly forgetful and has numerous store cards. How do we manage what is being spent without a power of attorney?
I allow myself one store card only. It is possible to reduce one's credit limit too.

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Does mum use in store or online, if online deleting the three security numbers on the card means it’s not usable online. No idea how to disable the magnetic strip though.

cobden 28

Dec 15, 2017

Is it possible for you to get hold of the cards and simply destroy them (cut up into small pieces and out with the rubbish) so that your Mum doesn't have any cards to use? Or persuade your Mum to allow you to write to the stores concerned to reduce her credit limit so the repayments are a more manageable amount and she doesn't therefore have the facility to spend any more on the cards?

Jorbin

Jan 30, 2018
I only use my bank card.can she not just use her bank card.