Managing medications in the home

Sporadic gardener

Sep 4, 2022
I am 90 miles from my relative who refuses to accept she has problems and is very convincing with professionals. Her GP had been increasing dosage of thyroxine in response to blood tests but had not realised she had not been taking any medications at all as she wasn't collecting her prescriptions. This a real communication failure between services. She had them delivered during the pandemic but when the deliveries stopped noone checked she was collecting and the pharmacy did not inform the GP. And that's before you even get on to prescribing dosette boxes. Fortunately this discovery means she is being monitored more now by community link worker but we only discovered because she was going into hospital.

try again

Jun 21, 2018
I am 90 miles from my relative who refuses to accept she has problems and is very convincing with professionals. Her GP had been increasing dosage of thyroxine in response to blood tests but had not realised she had not been taking any medications at all as she wasn't collecting her prescriptions. This a real communication failure between services. She had them delivered during the pandemic but when the deliveries stopped noone checked she was collecting and the pharmacy did not inform the GP. And that's before you even get on to prescribing dosette boxes. Fortunately this discovery means she is being monitored more now by community link worker but we only discovered because she was going into hospital.
We got echo shows and would drop in at medicine time. It worked for a year or so and mum was quite happy to wait for us. Until she wasn't and then had problems holding the med box up for us to see. That's when carers began.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso