Mam's eating.

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
Hi ,
Been over to see my mam saturday, no change really but she was able to eat & drink all her lunch which makes my day. Dad rang today, he's still going ahead and seeing the Consultant about withdrawing mams food & fluids, could barely say anything to him today. He's got this thing in his mind that he would be failing my mother if he didn't speak to the Doctor about this issue, sigh.......Rosie xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I wouldn`t worry too much Rosie, I can`t see any consultant agreeing to withdraw food and fluids.

Take care

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Rosie, it's such good news that your mum's eating and drinking again.

Don't worry about your dad seeing the consultant. There's no way he'll withdraw food while your mum's eating, and it might set dad's mind at rest to talk to him.

Love,

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
Hopefully, like you say once he's seen the Doctor and he knows there's no way he can demand they stop giving mam diet & fluids he'll let things lay. I can understand my Dad doesn't want to see mam suffer but I just find it so difficult how he can even consider " starving " my mam. It has made me annoyed & upset. Roll on June 1st, thats when he's seeing the Doctor. Hopefully that'll be laid to rest then! Rosie x