Mam died last week

pixie2

Jul 21, 2018
With my heartbreaking i want to let you know my mam passed last week. Just to advise you all though the care home did let me in to say goodbye

pixie2

Jul 21, 2018
Thankyou all for your support. Easing of lockdown will be poignant for me. I looked forward to hugging mam after all back to normal now it won't happen. Is it awful to feel like not clapping anymore etc

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
@pixie2 I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. My condolences to you and yours.

No, it's not awful not to want to clap anymore, it's very much understandable under the circumstances. You are grieving and need to do so in your own way.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I am so sorry, Pixie, I too have just lost someone so close to my heart.
It is hard to go and clap, the first time I did it was so hard to face the neighbour's,
I found that it helped me more than I thought.
With this lockdown everything is surreal, the plans have to be different, I am glad you were able to say goodbye. It helps so much.
My heart goes out to you. Be kind to yourself, there is no right or wrong way to grieve. X

pixie2

Jul 21, 2018
I am so sorry, Pixie, I too have just lost someone so close to my heart.
It is hard to go and clap, the first time I did it was so hard to face the neighbour's,
I found that it helped me more than I thought.
With this lockdown everything is surreal, the plans have to be different, I am glad you were able to say goodbye. It helps so much.
My heart goes out to you. Be kind to yourself, there is no right or wrong way to grieve. X
Xx