Mam & Dads Anniversary

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
Hi everyone,
Its been a very upsetting day today for my Dad, my Mam & Dads 50th Wedding Anniversary today & my poor Mams illness is progressing daily. It should have been a time of celebration with all the family gathered, instead it's a miserable wet, windy day & my poor Dad left with his memories of happier times... sigh Rang him earlier & what could I say ? He visited Mam yesterday ( my Mam is in long term care), could not bring himself to visit today & when I spoke to him earlier there were gaps in our conversation when words were not enough. I've been to work today but my lovely Mam has been in my thoughts all day, 50yrs ago my Dad & her were looking forward to a long & happy life together, that was taken away 10yrs ago when my Mam developed AD. Now thats all we can do is sit & watch while Mam wastes away, unable to swallow and fading more & more each day...

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry Rosie.

Special red letter days make the cruelty of Alzheimers even harder to bear. There`s nothing I or anyone else can say to ease the pain for you or your father. We can only say `Sorry`.

Love xx

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
Thank you Grannie,I know pouring out my feelings & thoughts always helps. And it's always good to know I can log onto the site day or night and someone will understand. Rosie xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Rosie, may I say that I wish that tomorrow is kinder to dad, yourself and all the fsmily.

Sometimes even special memories can be hard.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Rosie,
I am so sorry that your Parents were not able to celebrate 50 years of marriage.
Your Dad will probably look back at the happy times they had to-gether. I have been married to Peter for 17 years on the 21st December and as he is in the last stage, it is not a day I am looking forward to, nor his first Christmas in E.M.I. Unit.
I wish you all the best. Christine

janjan

Jan 27, 2006
Birmingham
Sending you a[ big cuddle].knowing how cruel AD is sometimes, being unable to take the hurt away from a parent who is finding the anniversary, birthday',Xmas's and all other thing's they have go through at these times, is hard enough for us to go through it must be hell for them.
It's my mom and dad's anniversary on boxing day, Dad is very ill now and we are trying to visit him on a daily basis.
My turn yesterday, it breaks my heart to see him now, and i am struggling to keep my head above water.
Mom said i don't think he will make it to boxing day, what can you say. Life can be so cruel.
Just to say, i do feel for you it's no easy being there sometimes when you can't take the hurt away, as if they haven't suffered enough.

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
I'm sorry to hear your going through a dreadful time, we all have to find strength from somewhere to cope & I know that the time is nearing for my mam to pass away, I wonder how much more can AD take from her, after 10 years surely thats time enough. At times it's unbearable & when I think that someday soon she will be gone & will be at peace finally my heart still breaks, because I was robbed of my mam & my Dad had his lovely wife taken from him . Take care of yourselves & I'll be thinking of you, love & hugs Rosie xxx

Last edited: