mam back in assesment!

j.j

Jan 8, 2007
hi again just feeling very low, mam went into hospital for assesment in february which was an awful experience, she then went into a nice home where the staff have tried very hard to make her settle, she has been very agitated and unsettled at times so was prescribed lorazapan twice a day and temazapan to make her sleep, she was still very agitated and was prescribed olanzapine but somewhere along the line it wasnt made clear to stop the lorezapan when the olanzapine started and mam has been building up these drugs until she could barely stand up and was slurring her words. So we are now back at the assesment unit and i am devasted to see her in there wandering aimlessly up and down all day long. it is taking all my will power to stop myself just getting her hand and bringing her home,

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
So we are now back at the assesment unit and i am devasted to see her in there wandering aimlessly up and down all day long. it is taking all my will power to stop myself just getting her hand and bringing her home,

Oh bless don't blame you for wanting to take her home , but deep down you know your doing the right thing keeping her they xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry j.j., it must be awful for you.

It will probably take a while to get the drugs out of her system.

The wandering up and down is so painful to watch, my mother used to wander up and down the corridors all the time, arrive at the end, turn round and wander back, so I know how you feel.

I can only sympathize.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear J.J
I can only sympathize with you, I know how upsetting this must be, but, hopefully your mum's meds will be sorted quickly and that things settle down to your likening. Take Care. Taffy.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear j.j, so sorry that your mam is back in the assessment unit, I know how much you hated it last time.

It's dreadful that the drugs were allowed to build up like that, let's hope she soon recovers and can go back to the hope.

Love,

j.j

Jan 8, 2007
mam has now been in assesment unit for a week and has deteriorated in this time she is not eating much, she is having pads on at nite, her confusion has increased,her teeth go missing her shoes go missing and she looks ghastly, i do not blame the staff because i think they are understaffed but i am upset at doctors who prescribe a medication or course of action and then disapear for a week or so, and today when we suggested we may take her out of hospital we were told we could possibly face a fine of 5000 pound for neglecting her welfare! i wonder therefore if that works bothways?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
j.j.

Another report of a seemimgly heartless assessment unit. The more I hear the more upset I feel. So many people seem to undergo dramatic deterioration in these units.

I sincerely hope your mother will be able to be discharged asap.

Love xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix