malcome and barbera

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
the story off MALCOME AND BARBERA is on the community channel at 8/30 tonight ,on cable tv , i know a lot of you will want to watch this , but it is quite distressing, .angela

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Many thanks for sharing this info...

I've been keeping an eye out for this and have been in touch with the folk at the Community Channel - yet for some reason I missed this info!!!

I've got it taped already, but I try to let as many people as poss. know about it when it's shown - I'm off to pass that info on right now on loads of forums!

Many, many thanks for this - very much appreciated!

:)

N.

P.S. Just updated my thread on this to share... feel free to use this link or copy & paste any of it to let folk know. :)

http://com5.runboard.com/balzheimers.fevents.t3

Mirium

Oct 29, 2005
Surrey
Malcolm and Barbara

What is this??

I only read posts this morning, but as it is on again Saturday, will try to see it then.

What channel is it on on Saturday please.

I am quite new to the world of dementia, please bear with my ignorance!! :confused:

Thanx to all for the info and encouragement. I just read "A Caregivers Bill of Rights" and am printing off a copy for my dear old Dad, who is looking after Mum so well.

Mirium

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Angela and Dearth,

Thanks so much for letting us know about this excellent documentary. I did watch it last night and found it encredibly moving. I am truly amazed and thankful for people like Malcolm and Barbara Pointon who are willing to share such difficult experiences with the public.

Other threads have mentioned that some people, who don't really have much direct experience people with dementia, associate AD with soft-focus images of older people who are slightly forgetful and a bit muddled. No one watching the Pointon's story could be left with that image of dementia.

The programme will be shown again on Saturday(21 Jan) at 5.30 pm and on Sunday(22 Jan) at 11.05am and 6pm. As Dearth's link says, the Community Channel can be found on on Sky Digital 585, Telewest 233 and ntl channels 14 & 511 24 hours a day, and on Freeview 87 from 6am to 9am.

You can also read a bit more about the programme on:

http://www.communitychannel.org/search/features/show.php?id=299

Take care,

Sandy

Last edited:

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Sandy said:
The programme will be shown again on Saturday(22 Jan) at 5.30 pm and on Sunday(23 Jan) at 11.05am and 6pm. As Dearth's link says, the Community Channel can be found on on Sky Digital 585, Telewest 233 and ntl channels 14 & 511 24 hours a day, and on Freeview 87 from 6am to 9am.

Sandy
Not trying to be picky, but Saturday is 21st & Sunday 22nd.
Thanks for all the info folks. I certainly intend to watch & record it (which is why I posted this - my VCR needs me to input the correct date, otherwise I end up with an hour of Romper Room!).

Last edited:

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
I've posted this everywhere and let some Lecturers at University know about it...

For me, it is THE best visual aid to explain about the 'dementia journey' that is certainly distressing at times but is insightful and informative.

In fact, and I mean this sincerely... if I were a Lecturer or a Manager in Dementia Care, I would insist on all my students/staff watching it to help them appreciate the illness properly, to challenge assumptions and stereotypes, and to help them empathise with both People with dementia and carers/partners etc.

:)

N.