Malcolm

dodge416

Jul 23, 2016
My wife has Altzheimers,and is in constant pain on her right side of 4yrs. Every test negative Do suffers o this decease have phantom pain?

Del24

Aug 17, 2014
Hertfordshire
My wife has pain in her right arm and leg and cannot function very well with these limbs.
Also she has arthritis in her right hand.
She has limited mobility and walks on tiptoe with her right foot.
Her right hand is not used very much and she is right handed she will persist on keeping her right hand clenched in a fist so I have to try to make her hold something in that hand.
I did think she might have had a mini stroke but Dr said no.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
my mum mentioned severe pain behind one of her eyes, no one ever found any reason for it and she stopped mentioning it after a while. I understand that might be because no-one could do anything about it but it could have gone away. It was present on and off for about a year.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My MIL kept saying that she was in so much pain, but no-one ever found a reason for it and it was forgotten about as soon as someone went round.
She had anosognosia - an inability to understand that she had dementia - but I always wondered whether she sort of knew that she had a problem and expressed it as physical pain.