Malcolm Poyntor Story.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi all, some time ago someone posted details of Malcolm & Barbara's story which was being shown on Sky at some unearthly hour.

I understand that they do repeat this from time to time..............Please if anybody knows when this is on again please let me know.........I should be very grateful. Thanks Connie

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
HI DEARTH ,i have watched this program on Malcome + Barbera , a few times , and cried buckets, it was filmed quite a while back ,and i often wonder what has happened to him since ,could you also find this out ,This is one of the reasons i still log on tp ,I WANT TO KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING FOR jAN ,PEGGY +LIONAL,MARGARET ,and others. They fill a lot of my thoughts ,and i would feel like a relative who has given up visiting , in time i will wean myself off, TP but not just yet . ANGELA

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Angela, Malcolm is still being cared for at home. Barbara fought, and won, the right to funded nursing care at home. As you say it was filmed a long time ago, I think 1999 was the last time. Barbara does sometimes talk to groups interested in A.D. Take care of yourself, and thank you for still caring about the rest of your friends. Connie

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
My very best wishes to you Angela - it seems Connie has answered the question, and I don't reckon I could have found the info properly... I've been in touch with the Community Channel folk before, but not with Malcolm or Barbara, so I couldn't have found the info. out I'm afraid.

As for weaning yourself off... I'm sure everyone would say keep popping in!

I like coming here, and, as I've said before, I feel that I'm somewhat of an 'outsider' myself not being a 'direct carer'... but I've been made so very welcome in here that I reckon I'm like the Uncle who visits at Xmas... you just CAN'T get shut of me!!! :D

This and the main site is my MAIN source of info re: dementia issues... and apart from that, it's a good place just to chat!

Anyhow - enough blether from me!

Take care.

:)

N.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Just to let you know folks, I haven't forgotten about this thread...

But no reply from The Community Channel regarding when they're showing the documentary again.

But, like my hero Columbo, I WON'T be put off...

I've emailed 'em again!

So WHEN (see? not 'if' - I'm going to badger 'em) they reply I'll let you know.

So get a blank video cassette/recordable DVD ready to tape it!!!

N.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Just got this email, so I thought I'd forward it here:

Dear Neil,

Thanks for your email, we will definitly be showing Malcolm and Barbara again in the near future although I at present I don't know exactly when.

We publish our listings a week in advance so keep an eye out for it, here's the link to our schedule.

http://www.communitychannel.org/schedule/?PHPSESSID=8a6e8a19bbce4c3e93e5a7372c81b80a

You could also sign up to our weekly Community Channel e-bulletins which will keep you up to date with what's goingon on the channel. Simply reply 'Yes' to this email to subscribe.

Kind regards

Rhiannon Clarke
Community Channel

I am keeping an eye out, so if I know I'll post here... do the same yourself if you find the info. first please.

N.