Malcolm & Barbara...

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
As you know I said I'd post re: this being shown again on the Community Channel...

Unfortunately they won't be showing again in the near future... got email back regarding this and involving the rights to show to show the prog.

If this changes though I will let you know.

Thought I'd best share this information with you all.

N.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
In a similar vein ...

I watched "Stairlift to Heaven" for the 1st time last night (taped it a couple of weeks ago)

I know I'm often the first to say "beware the guilt monster" but on this occasion it gave me a right good kick up the brisket.

The son of the dementia sufferer was habitually brusque and domineering to his Dad, and :( I saw myself :eek: in the way he spoke & acted!!
I was horrified to think that this must be how I appear to be some of the time (most importantly how I must appear to my Mum, to hell with anyone else!)

I totally understood the 'why' of his stresses & frustration, his own health was suffering under the strain of his Dad's demands, but to any "outsiders" (non-AD afficionados:cool: ) watching the programme, the impression must have been terrible.

Anyway, I shall try to remember to think of that programme before I'm tempted to snap at Mum in future (as well as counting 1 - 10, which I already do!) Mea culpa, and God help us all.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Lynne said:
I watched "Stairlift to Heaven" for the 1st time last night (taped it a couple of weeks ago)

That is a prog. I missed Lynne - can you tell me a bit mre about it and if it will be shown again please?

Ta in advance.

:)

N.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Stairlift to Heaven

It was on Channel 4 the same week as Tony Robinson's "Me & my Mum", on the Thursday I think. I've got it recorded on CD, so if all else fails I'll lend it to you.

Just going to Google it, to find a summary somewhere. Watch this space.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Lynne said:
It was on Channel 4 the same week as Tony Robinson's "Me & my Mum", on the Thursday I think. I've got it recorded on CD, so if all else fails I'll lend it to you.

Just going to Google it, to find a summary somewhere. Watch this space.

That is a very kind offer, but I wouldn't trust the post to be honest with you (recent issues regarding lost train tickets that were meant to arrive makes me trust 'em even less now!)

Thanks anyway, very much appreciated... I'll keep an eye out for it... or I'm sure someone local/with whom I work will have taped it or 'DVDd' it.

N.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Problems with Royal Mail

Dearth said:
That is a very kind offer, but I wouldn't trust the post to be honest with you (recent issues regarding lost train tickets that were meant to arrive makes me trust 'em even less now!)

Thanks anyway, very much appreciated... I'll keep an eye out for it... or I'm sure someone local/with whom I work will have taped it or 'DVDd' it.

N.

If you're ever sending anything to anyone that is worth less than about £30 you can ask the Post Office for a 'proof of posting'. There is no charge for this and if the item is lost in the post you can claim compensation. My son has sold a few things on Ebay and always does this.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
noelphobic said:
If you're ever sending anything to anyone that is worth less than about £30 you can ask the Post Office for a 'proof of posting'. There is no charge for this and if the item is lost in the post you can claim compensation. My son has sold a few things on Ebay and always does this.

I've done similar myself... used 'Recorded Delivery' and 'Registered' too when selling on eBay... but I'd hate to have something important sent that would be hard to replace.

When I sent my registration stuff off for my Nursing I also used 'Recorded' - better to be safe than sorry, and it only costs seventy-odd p - so well worth it,

N.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa