Mail Letter

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Could be, Connie, we get the Scottish edition. But letters go to the normal email address, so I assumed it would be in all.

The text was:

'Thank you so much for your campaign for medication for people with Alzheimer’s disease. Our experience endorses your statement that ‘the key to getting the most benefit from these drugs is to start patients on them early, and use them continuously’. It makes no sense whatever to deny treatment until the disease has reached the moderate stage.

My husband John was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease seven years ago, and was prescribed Reminyl (galantamine) from day one. As in the case of Charles Boycott, the improvement in mood and confidence was immediate. Seven years later his condition has declined, but he still has reasonable quality of life.

We still walk the dog together, he likes to come shopping, and enjoys spending time with his family, although his communication skills are very limited. He is still physically fit, and looks well for his age. Without treatment the odds are that he would now be in the later stages of the disease.'

The photo was the one with Skye I've already posted on Tea Room.

Love,

arry

Mar 2, 2007
aldershot
Address needed

Does anyone have an address for donations regarding the awareness campaign as published in the Daily Mail recently. My father recently passed away and we have a small donation and would like to think it would go to the best place. We live in Aldershot Hampshire, so any other local contacts would do.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello arry,

While newspaper campaigns are important, don't forget that donations to the Alzheimer's Society are focused more broadly than simply on the medications. While medications are important of course, help for those with dementia in other ways, help for carers through information, help to researchers to try and discover the origins of dementias, and ways to minimise their effects for as long as possible - these are all important.

I'd be putting the money into Alzheimer's Society, or at least to split it between the two - sort of like doing the Lotto, plus a scratch card.:confused:

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/Supporting_the_Society/Donations/index.htm

said

Jul 4, 2006
London
arry said:
Does anyone have an address for donations regarding the awareness campaign as published in the Daily Mail recently. My father recently passed away and we have a small donation and would like to think it would go to the best place. We live in Aldershot Hampshire, so any other local contacts would do.

You can donate to legal appeal on the Alzheimer's Society website

Emergency Appeal

Sorry to hear about your father