Magazines and other reading material

hollycat

Nov 20, 2011
Mum is struggling more and more to read anything complicated e.g. Newspapers.

Whilst quietly surfing the web I came across a magazine that looks really interesting, so I intend giving it a try.

The website below shows details of the magazine; a free trial copy is available to download at the bottom of the webpage

http://www.lifetime-memorymag.co.uk/

Any other ideas that anyone has for reading material for mum would be most appreciated.

Thanks

jude50

Dec 28, 2011
Cardiff
When Mum was in hospital i bought a Woman's Weekly fiction special. Mum wasn't able to read anymore but I read the stories to her much to the enjoyment of the lady in the next door bed.

Jude

Ellie315

Jun 29, 2011
We saved all the wedding stuff and jubilee stuff about the royal family, that always goes down well. I'm sure you can still get some stuff if you look. The ones with the family trees and family traditions were best as there were people in it she could still remember.

I also have a few knitting, cardmaking, sewing magazines as she used to do all that kind of stuff and so the interest is there. Even though she couldn't do it now the pictures are good and it can create conversation.

sazjane

Nov 23, 2012
Thanks

I have also been looking for interesting stimulating reading, I will look into these and post any others that I may find.
Thank you

sazjane

Nov 23, 2012
Daily Sparkle

I just found a website that sends daily and weekly magazines for dementia via email, they are called the Daily Sparkle and I am quite excited by it, happy to share it with you.

benjie

Apr 14, 2009
north staffs
Hi, my OH had kept some of his old annuals - eagle, dan dare etc - perhaps you can get hold of copies of annuals your mum used to read as a girl - try amazon for a start or just google Girl annual, Schoolfriend etc or even the old Woman/Womans Weekly mags

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan