made my mind up last night i would tell visiting psccologist today

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
how desperate i was
came down in shop bob is driving me mad
i love him to bits its the dementia thats driving me mad
i thought hang on till nikki comes
then phone call nikki is ill no visit i was so desperate i said i am at breaking point not like me
love bel x

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
i am not forceful enough

social worker phoned me back in the afternoon
i said i am desperate bob is so much worse i feel like i am having a break down etc she said can i come and see you tuesday at ---like a fool i said yes i need it now not tuesday
she said we need to get bob re acced
an maybe a support worker in volved
sorry
love bel x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Bel - you do sound desperate. Accept all the help you can get and keep phoning until they arrive.

I wish I could do more to help. Try to keep calm - we are all gunning for you here on TP.

Best wishes Jan

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Bel,

Please ring back and say that Tuesday is too far off and that you need help NOW. You have put this off for so long that it is very important you do not put it off any longer. No-one (even angels like you!) can "keep on keeping on" forever.

Tell them you are at crisis point NOW and need help TODAY!

I'm a great believer in "pushing the envelope" with services, having worked in some during my working life. It truly is the "sqeaky wheel that gets the grease" - if you are too kind and accommodating to them, they will help someone else first. And that person may not be nearly as desperate for help as you are.

In the meantime, just know that everyone on TP is on your side and supporting you as much as we can. Take care of yourself, so you can keep taking care of Bob.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Bel,
Truly, your not a fool the pressure your under is enormous, trying to run the shop plus doing your utmost for Bob.
Nell said:
It truly is the "sqeaky wheel that gets the grease" - if you are too kind and accommodating to them, they will help someone else first.

Bel, very wise words here from Nell I hope that things go really well for you with the SW and that help wont be far off. Take care. Taffy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa