LPA

jules29

Mar 11, 2019
Does anyone know if I can find out who the certificate provider (independent person) was who signed to say Mum fully understood what she was signing (the lasting power of attorney)?

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
The name would be in the document but that doesn't help if you have no access to it. I personally doubt that the OPG would just let you have this information.

Why are you asking? Are you trying to object because you think it has been improperly set up? You need evidence of any wrong-doing before you accuse people - I'm not sure how knowing the name would help. The OPG will have access to it if they investigate.

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
Does anyone know if I can find out who the certificate provider (independent person) was who signed to say Mum fully understood what she was signing (the lasting power of attorney)?

I can only assume that this information would be subject to data protection rules. If you are saying that power of attorney has been set up wrongly or compromised legally, then I suggest you document your evidence starting now to provide a case for the OPG

jules29

Mar 11, 2019
@Beate

I do understand that but this was taken out when we believe mum did not have capacity, the people who have the LPA are two of my siblings but thank you for replying.

jules29

Mar 11, 2019
@ Rosettastone57

Thank you for your reply, contacted OPG yesterday and they gave me an email address where I can ask for information and explain why I want it, so will try that. I was just asking in case anyone else had had this issue.