LPA once donor passes away

Liam2121

Apr 19, 2021
I had LPA for my friend who passed away in March. I cannot find any information on how long I keep/ what I do with with the receipts I accrued while she was alive ?

Does anyone have any advice

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Do you know who her executor is? I was in close contact with The Banjoman’s executrix and just gave her the last bank statements so that she had all the details. After she sorted everything out I agreed with her to destroy all his paperwork.

Liam2121

Apr 19, 2021
Do you know who her executor is? I was in close contact with The Banjoman’s executrix and just gave her the last bank statements so that she had all the details. After she sorted everything out I agreed with her to destroy all his paperwork.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
If you were her Attorney and not Deputy I don’t think you need keep any receipts for that time as you were running her affairs and don’t need to answer to anybody but yourself. I always considered myself answerable to The Banjoman while he was alive and to his executrix once he died.
If you were a COP appointed Deputy then it would be different and I believe all expenditure would have to be approved by them. It is not something I had to deal with but other members on this board can help you there.

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
I was attorney for my mother in law and when she passed away, I instructed a solicitor to sort out her affairs. I sent back the LPA to the OPG. The solicitor wasn't in the slightest bit interested in any receipts that I held. The only ones I had kept were for necessary building work to her property. So I shredded them.

Liam2121

Apr 19, 2021
I was attorney for my mother in law and when she passed away, I instructed a solicitor to sort out her affairs. I sent back the LPA to the OPG. The solicitor wasn't in the slightest bit interested in any receipts that I held. The only ones I had kept were for necessary building work to her property. So I shredded them.
Many thanks. I sent the LPA back within 12 hours of her passing. Just don't want to do anything I should not. Have looked everywhere for information but can't find anything that relates to when the donor dies and what to do with receipts