LPA once donor passes away

Liam2121

Apr 19, 2021
I had LPA for my friend who passed away in March. I cannot find any information on how long I keep/ what I do with with the receipts I accrued while she was alive ?

Does anyone have any advice

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Do you know who her executor is? I was in close contact with The Banjoman’s executrix and just gave her the last bank statements so that she had all the details. After she sorted everything out I agreed with her to destroy all his paperwork.

Liam2121

Apr 19, 2021
Do you know who her executor is? I was in close contact with The Banjoman’s executrix and just gave her the last bank statements so that she had all the details. After she sorted everything out I agreed with her to destroy all his paperwork.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
If you were her Attorney and not Deputy I don’t think you need keep any receipts for that time as you were running her affairs and don’t need to answer to anybody but yourself. I always considered myself answerable to The Banjoman while he was alive and to his executrix once he died.
If you were a COP appointed Deputy then it would be different and I believe all expenditure would have to be approved by them. It is not something I had to deal with but other members on this board can help you there.

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
I was attorney for my mother in law and when she passed away, I instructed a solicitor to sort out her affairs. I sent back the LPA to the OPG. The solicitor wasn't in the slightest bit interested in any receipts that I held. The only ones I had kept were for necessary building work to her property. So I shredded them.

Liam2121

Apr 19, 2021
I was attorney for my mother in law and when she passed away, I instructed a solicitor to sort out her affairs. I sent back the LPA to the OPG. The solicitor wasn't in the slightest bit interested in any receipts that I held. The only ones I had kept were for necessary building work to her property. So I shredded them.
Many thanks. I sent the LPA back within 12 hours of her passing. Just don't want to do anything I should not. Have looked everywhere for information but can't find anything that relates to when the donor dies and what to do with receipts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bottomls