LPA finance and property..adding health & welfare?

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Hi

Thanks to what I am learning here, I have realised it is better to have both the above.
I currently have finance and property LPA alone, my older brothers were happy with that arrangement although mum may add them which is fine with me.
How do we go about adding the health and welfare? It was previously done through a solicitor in 2010.
Any advice appreciated. X

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"I currently have finance and property LPA alone, my older brothers were happy with that arrangement although mum may add them which is fine with me."

Your mum can't just add an attorney, she would have to revoke the existing LPA and grant a new P&FA LPA.

How do we go about adding the health and welfare?

Similarly H&W cannot be added, she will have to grant a H&W LPA.

Many members have organised LPAs without the help of a solicitor, the online system produces the document for printing and signatures.

https://www.lastingpowerofattorney.service.gov.uk/home

Last edited:

Flake

Mar 9, 2015
Just make sure there are no errors if you do it yourself. Once the fee is paid and there are any mistakes, you will have to pay again

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
It depends where any mistake is made, mistakes in Part C will usually mean that part has to be resubmitted with no extra charge.

The online tool automatically checks for inconsistences, if the people concerned fill in the documents at the same time all the dates can be the same. Only the donor and the certificate provider(s) should be present when Part B is being discussed and signed.

tchuss

Apr 2, 2015
LPAs

I have recently sent off the two lpas - health and finance. I did them both on line on the .gov site. The instructions were very clear and any questions I had were answered by very helpful people in the 'Office of the Public Guardian'. Make sure you have attorneys and possibly replacement attorneys as otherwise you have to revoke the LPA and make out another one . Of course this will cost again. I found out that although the cost was £110 for each one, this became cheaper if my mother had been on certain benefits.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Ok thanks . Will speak to mum, she may just prefer same solicitor .