LPA certificate provider signature

Peirre

Aug 26, 2015
I’ve recently drawn up LPA forms online for myself, however the solicitor who I used for drawing up my will, and intended to use as the certificate provider won’t sign the forms.
I foolishly didn’t ask them 1st before putting their details into the online system, paid for and printed the forms over the Xmas period, asuming there wouldn’t be a problem as long as I paid them for their time.
Can anyone tell me who would be a suitable person for this role or can anyone sign the forms.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Anyone (friend or neighbour) who has known the donor well for at least two years can sign. That's in the guidance notes. Have the rules changed then about paying before printing? When I did mine I printed first then sent payment with the form, but that was in 2014. In that case people really need to ask the certificate providers first before putting their name on the form.

Peirre

Aug 26, 2015
Thanks everyone for the help.
I’ve redrawn the forms so that someone else whom I’ve know for a long time can and will sign.
As for the person witnessing the signatures of the donor & attorneys I assume the same person can do them, asuming they don’t break the guidelines ie: not related or have a conflict of interest in the LPA

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
We got OH's chiropodist to certify LPA and she witnessed everything after that. So long as the dates are in the right order there won't be a problem.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
So long as the dates are in the right order there won't be a problem.

All the same date is OK, they are assumed to have been signed in correct order.