LPA advice

Sallybutters

May 31, 2020
Hi , managed to bring up the conversation to mam about LPA today after the memory clinic had rang and to my relief mam was fine about it. I know this could change tommorow, Dad is okay with it too, I've printed off the forms but my question is do I need both the Health and care decisions one and the Financial decision one ?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Best to get both but don't worry if your mum refuses both. The most important one is property and financial affairs.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
yes
advice
set up two totally separate separate folders for both And keep completely separate.
print off four Copies of the signature pages That way when some says. ‘ I’ve written over the line’ or I’ve written the wrong name or any of the other mistakes they can make you just give a big relaxed smile and say ‘ don’t worry I have a nice new sheet here’!

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
A
That's a great idea , I will definitely be doing that ?
Also, and feel a bit silly saying this as it makes me sound stupid! I did a cast list like in a play.
They use legal terms for everyone’s different roles. I’m can’t remember the wording now so forgive me if I make it up.
Proposer= John
Witness = penny
ect ect
So as you read through the documents a quick look at the ‘cast list’ makes it very clear who they are talking about.
I hope this makes sense!

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
A

Also, and feel a bit silly saying this as it makes me sound stupid! I did a cast list like in a play.
They use legal terms for everyone’s different roles. I’m can’t remember the wording now so forgive me if I make it up.
Proposer= John
Witness = penny
ect ect
So as you read through the documents a quick look at the ‘cast list’ makes it very clear who they are talking about.
I hope this makes sense!
Then, flush with succes, apply for the attendance allowance!

Sallybutters

May 31, 2020
I'm glad you mentioned this and yes it makes so much sense as I'm reading through the forms , I have paperclips and post it notes with scribbles on them at the moment to prompt me