Loved ones in N Home/Care Home

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hi ,Hi last week on TP ( sorry cant remeber when) some body posted a "thread" saying they were worried that the level of care the Husband ? think that was it , was given was not up to standard. Am "posting this" as work in the kitchen in a medium size EMI Home ,a few months ago a letter of "complaint" was sent to"The Head Of Care" (she has Charge of all our Homes).The letter was by one of the Daughters whos Mum lives with us, because of the letter, a staff meeting was called and all the bad points in the letter was rasied/improvements made e g residents with food on their clothes etc ( careres had to put bibs on before meals).
So please do not be worried about complaining about the type/standard of care your loved one is getting as a good Home with a good Matron/ Deputy should deal with it A S A P
If worried ask for any problems to be sorted at once before they get out of hand etc , hope this helps.
Best Wishes to every body From Grove x x

P S The Staff meeting was called " Best Practice" e g how to improve etc am glad to say it worked ! !

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Grove, hi
Thank you so much for taking the care and time to let us know this, your post is very important to those of us who face handing care over either for respite or long term care.
Best wishes, Jo

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Hello Grove,
It's really great to have someone like you on this forum. An insider who can see things from the inside as opposed to the outside. Hope you can help give more of your insights regarding nursing homes in the future.
Best wishes, Jancis

mowood

Dec 27, 2009
West Yorkshire
Hello grove

Thank you for letting us know how your home dealt with the complaint. It's heartening to know that there are people working in care homes that really do care.

Just one thing though, I wouldn't like to think that anyone had put a 'bib' on my mum, it strikes me as somewhat undignified. At home we use an old-fashioned 'pinny'.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning this but I think it's so important to preserve dignity at all levels.

Best wishes

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Thanks for posting Grove! I hadn't realised you had experience of homes as well as supporting your Dad.
Hope you're well?
Love Sue xxx

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Thank you Grove,

Your post has really helped. Naturally, I don't presume that all Nursing Homes are the same, but my glass is always half full (don't ask what's it's half full of though!!!) so I'll take this information in good faith.

I have mum's review a week today so I'll approach it in a positive way and not a battle. Thanks again.

You've really helped.

Love,

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
N homes/Tabards

Hi its Grove again , sorry if gave wrong idea about "bibs" to keep residents clean at meal times, they are Tabards ( go over the head) and a bit like an old type of pinny. As normal a bit tired from work so in a rush ! !
Best Wishes Grove x

sunny

Sep 1, 2006
great post - from somebody working and caring daily and also caring about the relatives as well. There are some great care homes out there with great staff. Thanks for taking the time to post and let us know that info.

I only wish that the salaries you people DONT get could be improved. When I think of the salaries that some people get I just seeth.