Lost

Winklepops

Dec 20, 2019
My wife has vascular dementia, caused by MS she has had for a number of years, she Is currently in a nursing home has been for 2 years still can't get my head round the fact she is in there. I go in every day to feed her lunch, not coping that well with the situation really.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I’m sorry you’re struggling at the moment @Winklepops.
Please keep posting as you’ll get lots of support as we have several members in your situation.

Joyt

Jun 30, 2018
My husband is in care 200 miles from where I am now living. It’s very different from where you are but I sympathise.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
My wife has vascular dementia, caused by MS she has had for a number of years, she Is currently in a nursing home has been for 2 years still can't get my head round the fact she is in there. I go in every day to feed her lunch, not coping that well with the situation really.
Everyone's different with how they cope but I wonder if you should now start thinking of your own needs and building your own life. It's lovely that you visit every day and give her her lunch but it must be emotionally draining. What about doing something for yourself, maybe you would feel guilty but there's no reason that you should because you're a good husband and have done the best you can for your wife. Do you have hobbies, interests, family, work? Something that can take you out of the situation for a while? Hopefully others in a similar situation might post something helpful to you, you are not alone in your situation that's for sure.