lost post

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Go back to where you were posting and click on 'post a comment' ie start a new post, with any luck you should get a message at bottom left, click on it.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If starting a thread, just start another new thread in the same forum and you should get the retrieve message.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Go back to where you were posting and click on 'post a comment' ie start a new post, with any luck you should get a message at bottom left, click on it."

'Just lost mine and sure enough the above sorted it out, thanks.'

It's not there forever, I think it's the same time as an attachment remains accessible if you don't post the message.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
"Go back to where you were posting and click on 'post a comment' ie start a new post, with any luck you should get a message at bottom left, click on it."

'Just lost mine and sure enough the above sorted it out, thanks.'

It's not there forever, I think it's the same time as an attachment remains accessible if you don't post the message.

Not sure if you misunderstood me Nitram but my post was saying I lost a post half way through. I did as you posted and it worked fine, no problem.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I can close down the browser window, open a new one, go to what I was doing and it works, but at some time delay it doesn't.

If you set about attaching an image to a post, note the URL of the image, don't post the message, close the window, the URL of the image remains active for some time, I think this is the same time as you can retrieve an auto-saved post.

If the unused attached image URL did not die people could use this as a free image store.