1. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Ihave just done a long post and lost it where do I find the saved version please?

2. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Go back to where you were posting and click on 'post a comment' ie start a new post, with any luck you should get a message at bottom left, click on it.

3. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    Sarah - were you using your current browser window? If so, try hitting the back button until the post turns up.

4. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    If starting a thread, just start another new thread in the same forum and you should get the retrieve message.

5. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    Just lost mine and sure enough the above sorted it out, thanks.

6. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    "Go back to where you were posting and click on 'post a comment' ie start a new post, with any luck you should get a message at bottom left, click on it."

'Just lost mine and sure enough the above sorted it out, thanks.'

It's not there forever, I think it's the same time as an attachment remains accessible if you don't post the message.

7. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England

Not sure if you misunderstood me Nitram but my post was saying I lost a post half way through. I did as you posted and it worked fine, no problem.

8. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    I can close down the browser window, open a new one, go to what I was doing and it works, but at some time delay it doesn't.

If you set about attaching an image to a post, note the URL of the image, don't post the message, close the window, the URL of the image remains active for some time, I think this is the same time as you can retrieve an auto-saved post.

If the unused attached image URL did not die people could use this as a free image store.

9. jeany123

jeany123 Registered User

Mar 24, 2012
    Durham
    Haven't heard from you for a while Sarah, I hope you are ok xxx

10. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
    Jeany, Sarah posted on FB 4hrs ago to say that their WiFi is down at home xx

11. jeany123

jeany123 Registered User

Mar 24, 2012
    Durham
    Thank you Celia I was worried xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point