Lost my mam

Mollygoose

Dec 19, 2014
Lincolnshire
Still can't believe it ! My mother has died 8days ago ! I was her main carer I fed her and changed her pad just like a baby saw her three times a day and ended up spoon feeding her ! Dementia is a long goodbye ! And then suddenly it happens the person you have loved and protected has slipped away ! Then there was all the sorting out of her things in the flat ! Such a hectic time ! It's all done now and the funeral is on Friday ! I feel so sad but at the same time I know she couldn't carry on and was wasting away ! I just need now to get back to work and get on with my life as I am 64yrs old myself ! Not sure how to carry on living but I must and will ! Time will be a healer !

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Time is a healer, Molly. Sorry about your loss. It will be a big change,but mum is now at rest. (((Hugs)))

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
So sorry to hear of your sad loss. You have been a wonderful and devoted daughter, and your beloved Mam is now at peace, and free from pain xxx

Otiruz

Nov 28, 2015
Kent
Oh Molly - what a wonderful caring daughter you have been. It can become a privilege to care at that level for a parent. I truly hope in time you can gather yourself and live a life your mother would be happy and proud of. My thoughts are with you.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
It is hard Molly, but you are right, time is a healer, but o not try to hurry that time. It will seem stationary for some time, do not despair. You are young enough for your brain to not let you stand still.

Jeannette

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
So sorry for your loss...... it is so difficult to relinquish the caring role. I do keep wondering what shall I do today? Good luck for Friday. I hope it all goes as it should. You've done a grand job.x.x.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
So sorry Molly, I know how much work we put into being a carer and then suddenly that is over and it is like losing a job as well as losing the person we love. Go easy on yourself for a while. I will be thinking of you on Friday, hope all goes well.

Sue.

Mollygoose

Dec 19, 2014
Lincolnshire
Today

Today is the day we lay my mother to rest ! I can honestly say I did my best at being a carer ! Iv had 3long talks with her as she lay there in the funeral parlour ! She s not there just her shell ! So this morning it's her funeral and we will give her a bloody good send off ! Mother lived to be 90and enjoyed life ! So now I owe it to her to do the same so after today it's onward and upwards ! X x so mam wherever you are carry on flirting and il will do the same x