lost my lovely mum

sherrie1962

Mar 9, 2008
hertfordshire
First time I have posted here.I have continually read the experiences other people have had with loved ones who have had this terrible disease, Alzheimers. It give me great comfort to know that I wasn't alone with the feelings that I was experiencing while mum was ill.Sadly we lost mum 29/1/08 after being diagnosed with Alzheimers 3 yrs ago.She also had type1 diabetes which seemed to escalate the illness.

Dad did his best to look after mum at home but after a week of much needed respite for my dad, she caught a urine infec,was admitted to hosp and never walked since.She then caught two chest infec,which she pulled through. She was such a fighter.She then had to go into a nursing home and luckily by this time mum was totally unaware of what was going on. Must say the nursing home was marvelous and mum continued to carry on bravley for another 3 months. Visiting mum each time was heartbreaking for us as she was totally helpless and losing so much weight although she was eating well up until the last two weeks when she slipped into a coma and passed away peacefully. We miss her so much and has left a massive hole in our family. Thanks for listening.

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Sherrie

Welcome to TP.

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. Watching someone slip away from this horrible illness is heart wrenching, I am glad for you and your mother it was a peacefull ending.

Take Care
Clare

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Sherrie

Welcome to TP.

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your lovely mum. I'm sure the loss has left a huge hole in your and your dad's life. I'm sure you'll be a great comfort to each other.

Love,

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Dear Sherrie,
I'm so sorry that you've lost your 'Lovely Mum'.
I understand fully how you're feeling,
I hope you continue to post on TP, they're are plenty of people on here that will listen to you and try and give you a little comfort at this sad time..
Take Care,
Love,

Philippa

Feb 26, 2008
Essex
Hi Sherrie.

Just wanted to send my condolences to you on the loss of your Mum. I hope you find TP a help.

Love, Philippa

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Sherrie,
Just wanted to send you my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother. It is so hard to lose a beloved parent. May you take time now to rebuild your own life and find comfort in knowing she is at peace.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Sherrie sending you love and sympathy at this difficult time.

I hope you will continue to post and gain strength from the support of people on TP.

Linda x