lost four days worth of emails!

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
this isn't TP related and I doubt if anyone can help but I am very confused by the fact that my emails for 24th, 25th and 26th have disappeared from my hotmail account. This relates to both sent and received items. I did a 'system restore' but that hasn't helped. I don't think there was anything crucial in there, luckily, but I am puzzled as to why that would have happened. I definitely did not delete them and there is nothing in my deleted items folder. :confused:

Any ideas anyone?

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Hi Brenda

Have just asked for help on another site I use (has computer whizzes) and you are not alone so it may be a server fault. I'll post again if anyone gives a solution.

Linda x

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
This is what the TEC Whizz replied. Linda x

System Restore would not make a scrap of difference because Hotmail is web based and not local to your machine. System Restore only rolls your individual computer back (and should only really be used when absolutely necessary!).
Emails would only disappear if you deleted them yourself or there was a problem with the account - the Hotmail servers will be on meltdown over the festive season anyway.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
thanks Linda. I don't think the system restore did any harm and if it did it can be 'unrestored' anyway! I didn't delete them so I can only assume it is some kind of hotmail hiccup, as I definitely did get emails over the 3 days in question, although not as many as normal because of it being holiday time. It may just have to remain a mystery!

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
If you use Outlook as your email interface, then all emails are downloaded to your PC.

I use Outlook for several of my email accounts, and only revert to webmail if there are problems with the mail servers that pass emails to Outlook.

I avoid Hotmail like the plague since, when registering some years ago, my registration was intercepted [common at that time for hotmail, which had more holes than a sieve] and the details passed on to spammers, who used my email address to send thousands of spam emails each day. At one stage a lady in Wisconsin threatened me with bringing in the US Government to get me. We became friends after I explained the situation. She built her own log cabin and lived in it. My motto: always get something positive from anything!

After that I bought my own domain and police it myself!

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I opened Outlook Express this morning and the emails for 24th December appeared, although nothing for the 25th or 26th. However, the emails for the 24th have now vanished again! Maybe the Grinch has been on my pc! :eek: