Helpline opening hours:
    Monday to Wednesday 9am ā€“ 8pm
    Thursday and Friday 9am ā€“ 5pm
    Saturday and Sunday 10am ā€“ 4pm

3. father ted

father ted Registered User

Aug 16, 2010
    London
    It always help to talk things over so yes, call the helpline.

Also when you feel able, post again with more details about your situation. TP has been immense help to me when I have felt overwhelmed, incredibly sad, like I was making no difference, when I was sleep deprived and just did not know what to do next. After a few hours, sometimes only a few minutes a load of responses would appear to my post and it helped to know that somewhere, out there, people who had experienced or were experiencing the same thing and giving me support, advice and encouragement. We are all listening.

4. myss

myss Registered User

Jan 14, 2018
    Just to add to father ted's post above, sometimes @starry eyes it helps to put your issue in writing to get a perspective and to just get it off your chest. That alone can be quite alleviating to the person feeling lost and overwhelmed.

All the best xx

5. DollyBird16

DollyBird16 Registered User

Sep 5, 2017
    Female
    Greater London
    Hi @starry eyes
    I so agree with above, I felt so much better writing down how I felt.
    The warmth, non judgemental and supportive environment of TP opened its arms and I walked in and took those hugs. Now they cannot get rid of me!
    Iā€™ve made some wonderful friends. to laugh, rant and sometimes cry with.
    When you are ready, meanwhile take care and know the hugs are here for you too. X

6. smartieplum

smartieplum Registered User

Jul 29, 2014
    Oh Starry. Please contact the helpline. I've been where you are and being honest and getting help is key. X