Lost and confused - carer needs help

llamedos

Apr 16, 2009
In August last year I purchased a programme - Family Tree Maker 2009 Platinum Edition. Istalled ok - no problems - however, due to problems with my pc, I had to re-boot my system.

I have a seagate external hard drive where I store all my Familt History files - me, being thick, thought I also stored my Family Tree Maker programme. I have just found out the hard way that it does NOT store the prog - just the files...gggrrh!

Knowing it would be easy just to put the FTM disc in my drive, and re-install - thought No prob. Except, my wife, who has alzheimer's may have thrown the disc away - searched everywhere, but no disc. :eek:

Does any reader know how to either get the prog info back, or is there a way of purchasing another disc - without buying the whole package.....any help gratefully received....:confused:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Have you tried contacting encore whose product it is? They may be able to help you.

I hope you find an answer - I know how much time one can put into these tings.

llamedos

Apr 16, 2009
Thanks Jennifer

Many Thanks Jennifer, Had a busy day today - contacted Ancestry co.uk - they said they could only supply a new 2009 package which included a new disc, but no free access to ancestry at £39.99 plus post and packaging. Kindly they suggested I contact PC World where I bought the original - they said, sorry, we can only supply a new prog, but it would be 2010 with 6 months free ancestry accesss at £29.99 - collect at store.

PC World also suggested I contact e-bay - there I found used discs for around £6 inc p and p -!!!!.

I settled for a new prog from pc world.

Sod's law is that within the next day or so, I will probably find my original 'lost' disc.......well, I can always flog it on e-bay, I suppose.

I can collect my new package in the morning, and will be up and running by lunchtime....great :cool: