Lost and anxious

eve67

Jan 23, 2015
Feeling lost and anxious like never before. Feel like sorting things out is too overwhelming at times. Difficult to concentrate also. Feel more anxious in the mornings but am told this is normal. Have had 2 reflexology sessions - they definitely work at calming me down and making me feel normal again though am so tired afterwards, having another session next Tuesday. How long does this stage of bereavement last, one friend said it's all caught up with me as she thought I had been coping really well. My hubby departed this life a year ago next monday. Eve

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi @eve67 - I'm so sorry to read your post but I'm so glad you shared it.

My own husband died coming up for 2 years ago so I can understand how must be feeling. I confess I think it's hard to consider stages of bereavement. My experience is like that of a roller coaster. I have times when things are going reasonably well and there are times when I'm just overcome by it all.

I think looking after yourself by having something like the reflexology can only be to the good. I know you are feeling exhausted after them but grief is exhausting. I know that others on this forum have engaged in counselling after they have been bereaved. I haven't done so myself but perhaps it's something which might help you now. Perhaps it might be useful to contact CRUSE and talk things through with someone there. I know the advisors will be very experienced. This is the link.

https://www.cruse.org.uk

We also have our own helpline. It's just about to close now but it's something else you might consider. The number is - 0300 222 11 22 and the opening hours are as follows -

Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

It's so good that you have posted here. There will always be someone around to listen. Take care.

Edit - just an afterthought - you asked how long this stage will last - I think that's impossible to say as we are all different. This link on the cycle of grief might be interesting for you. The last bit says 'find good listeners'. That's where TP comes in.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/politics97/diana/cycle.html

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think anniversaries always make things harder. The first anniversary of my mums death was earlier on this year and I found it very difficult.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @eve67

I`m so sorry to hear how you are feeling just one year after losing your husband. I hope you understand it is natural and only to be expected.

No one can tell you how long your grieving will last. All anyone can tell you is grieving takes as long as it`s needed , depending on the individual and their relationship with the one who died.

Many people appear to recover sooner than others but no one knows how they feel when they close the door behind them.

It`s good to find the right people to talk to; those who have had similar experiences rather than those who think they know how it is.

Those of us on this sub forum all know how it is to live with loss and are here to offer support and understanding .

eve67

Jan 23, 2015
Hi @eve67 - I'm so sorry to read your post but I'm so glad you shared it.

My own husband died coming up for 2 years ago so I can understand how must be feeling. I confess I think it's hard to consider stages of bereavement. My experience is like that of a roller coaster. I have times when things are going reasonably well and there are times when I'm just overcome by it all.

I think looking after yourself by having something like the reflexology can only be to the good. I know you are feeling exhausted after them but grief is exhausting. I know that others on this forum have engaged in counselling after they have been bereaved. I haven't done so myself but perhaps it's something which might help you now. Perhaps it might be useful to contact CRUSE and talk things through with someone there. I know the advisors will be very experienced. This is the link.

https://www.cruse.org.uk

We also have our own helpline. It's just about to close now but it's something else you might consider. The number is - 0300 222 11 22 and the opening hours are as follows -

Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

It's so good that you have posted here. There will always be someone around to listen. Take care.

Edit - just an afterthought - you asked how long this stage will last - I think that's impossible to say as we are all different. This link on the cycle of grief might be interesting for you. The last bit says 'find good listeners'. That's where TP comes in.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/politics97/diana/cycle.html
Have ordered a couple of books mentioned on cruse website. Thanks for your help, feel a bit better today . Good to have talking point as it really helps to know there are others even though i have a couple of friends who have been thru this a few years back.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Have ordered a couple of books mentioned on cruse website. Thanks for your help, feel a bit better today . Good to have talking point as it really helps to know there are others even though i have a couple of friends who have been thru this a few years back.

I'm so glad! Now keep posting here!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976