Loss my dad

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
So sorry that losing your Dad was sudden, it's never easy however it happens but am thinking of you at this terrible time

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry, Katie, please accept my condolences. I notice this is your first post - if you need help and support through this terrible time, then you are among friends here on TP who will be only too happy to listen. xx

count2ten

Dec 13, 2013
Oh Katie, so sorry for your loss, keep posting and talking out your feelings, everyone here is so understanding and caring , I lost my mum in August and it's helped me so much to get my feelings out and know that people understand and can offer support and kind words. Sending warm thoughts and strength to you and your family. xxxx

Katie1072

Aug 13, 2015
Thank you it was so sudden but the girls in the home said they were with him. He have a high risk of choking as his swallow was starting to go.

Katie1072

Aug 13, 2015
Yes I've my mum and brothers and I've a lady from Alzheimer's career group that we go to. I'm doing a memory walk this Saturday in my local park in memory of him as a lady phoned to see if I wanted to cancel it but my dad would have wanted it to go ahead as last year I did the walk and he stolen my medal lol

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm pleased that you have some support from family and others. Your memory walk sounds great and I hope it gives you something to focus on which might help you a little. Your dad would be very proud of you, I'm sure. It's a wonderful thing to do, especially so soon, and you are to be congratulated for doing something so positive. Well done.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
So sorry about your Dad. There are no words that I can offer to make you feel better and it mst have come as a tremendous shock to you. Be assured your Dad is in a much better place now and free from pain and confusion. Sending you love, hugs and strength. Xx

CCM2013

Feb 7, 2013
London
So sorry for your loss Katie, it's so heartbreaking to lose your dad. Mine died 5 months ago today and I miss him more than ever. Your friends and family will give you the strength you need but it's a tough time. People on TP are an amazing source of help and comfort though :) sending positivity and light at this saddest of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Condolences on the loss of your dear Dad Katie. I'm so sorry that it was unexpected and it was a shock for you.

I hope that you find strength from somewhere to see you through this very sad time.

Love

Lyn T XX