Losing his wallet - what can I do?

Early Girlie

Jul 5, 2015
St Albans
Hello lovely people

Hubby is now losing his wallet every few days. Today a lovely taxi driver drove back to where he had dropped us earlier in the day to bring back the wallet which Hubby had left on the seat. We have this ongoing situation with wallet, keys and phone, but the wallet seems to be disappearing constantly.

I keep thinking of the way we used to have our mittens on strings through our coats as kids! What's the grown up and dignified tactic? He is still fully capable with money and credit cards, so I'm not at the point of wanting to limit what he carries.

Thanks for any hints.

EG

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hello lovely people

Hubby is now losing his wallet every few days. Today a lovely taxi driver drove back to where he had dropped us earlier in the day to bring back the wallet which Hubby had left on the seat. We have this ongoing situation with wallet, keys and phone, but the wallet seems to be disappearing constantly.

I keep thinking of the way we used to have our mittens on strings through our coats as kids! What's the grown up and dignified tactic? He is still fully capable with money and credit cards, so I'm not at the point of wanting to limit what he carries.

Thanks for any hints.

EG
What about a wallet chain to fasten to his belt or trousers , he would have to have a wallet with a loop on as well, there are some on here with the chain already attached,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2z8nl0hmkl_b

Risa

Apr 13, 2015
Essex
Could you use the excuse that with security concerns over credit cards being hacked, it is safer to use an aluminium credit card holder/wallet? I believe these are a little bit bulkier than normal wallets so you could offer to carry it in your handbag?

skaface

Jul 18, 2011
Ramsgate
The chain is a good idea - I use one for my purse - it was only £1 from a Kent Police pop up at Bluewater shopping centre.

It just means if someone does try to snatch it they won't get far if it's tethered.

Jaxx

Jun 2, 2015
Preston, Lancashire
Mum keeps losing her debit card, we've gone through about 5 in the last two years. I want her to keep as much independence for as long as possible, but it's trying to find a delicate balance. I feel your pain. The wallet chain is what I would have suggested too.

Early Girlie

Jul 5, 2015
St Albans
Lost again today

Oh dear, the wallet has disappeared for good this time. But how can I be cross when it had been put to good use buying me a beautiful bunch of flowers?
We've now ordered the belt chain and wallet/keys attachment.
Thank you for the advice, folks.

EG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet