lordy lordy

groundhog

Apr 2, 2006
stevenage uk
:) "did you have a nice day mum?" "Im alright, nothing wrong with me, its the others who are mad" was the reply when she returned from her daycare centre!:eek:
Anyways just thought id drop a line, say hi and share that with you all. I never get the time to come on here but when I do it cheers me up knowing that others out there are doing the same as me and trying hard to keep that strange and wonderful gift called patients:) When I first moved in with mum it was difficult now a year and a half later its just plain crazy, she keeps asking when im going home (every 5 mins).

Helena

May 24, 2006
Funny but my Mother insists theres nothing wrong with her its the rest of the world thats mad

candymostdandy@

May 12, 2006
west sussex
Sounds just like my mum..

This weekend apparently she's had £11.00 going missing which someone must have taken... (I keep all the money she only has some loose change)...

apparently it was bundled up and was keeping in her bra for safety...

I said that she was lucky if someone had gone in to her bra and taken it...

we did laugh...

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I would never have dared stay in my mother's house without her consent. She was very territorial and threatened to throw my clothes out. "This is MY HOUSE and under my roof you do as I say". "The cupboards in my room are MY cupboards and I will only have MY things in MY cupboards". But I couldn't convince her that I couldn't keep travelling there and back as often as she wanted me to.

groundhog said:
:)

When I first moved in with mum it was difficult now a year and a half later its just plain crazy, she keeps asking when im going home (every 5 mins).

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Nada said:
I can't imagine how frightening it would be if the whole world was going 'mad' around me.
First flippant comment is that I rather think it might be going mad. Just look at any news broadcast at present.

Has it never crossed anyone else's mind, when up to the neck in dealing with the unreality of the reality of dementia that perhaps 'they' are 'right' and we are 'wrong'?

Maybe I'm a bit cracked, but on occasion, when trying to put myself in Jan's place, I have thought "now imagine for a moment that Jan is actually the sane one, and all the rest of us are bonkers - now let's look at our world in that context"

People with dementia don't add the trappings of 'civilisation' to things. they work in basics. On so many occasions, Jan would say something and I'd go to refute it and then stop, and think "by golly, you are quite right, what an incisive thing to say".

Sometimes it may do us good to turn the world on its axis and see things from their angle.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Yes I wonder if it is us that have the real madness because they have a real disease going on in there brain , no wonder when you go to the doctor with a love one & they look at you funny like if there something wrong with you . Doctor must be thinking oh dear look like someone stress ready for the breakdown, but how can they tell us that when we will not believe it .let alone someone who has dementia. I bet the doctor really feel like saying your love one has dementia a brain disease what your excuses lol sorry but had to say it

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hello

I agree, Bruce and Margarita. Sometimes (especially when I've taken mum to the doctor) and she's all dolled up, looking relaxed, normal BP (and mine is probably off the scale) and she says, 'can't remember what I'm here for, because I feel fine' and then looks at me ... I do sit there feeling a bit of a wally. Especially if I've had a lot on at work and then flying up and down the motorway to mum's, trying to cram in all her appointments whilst there - whether it is me that's slowly losing the plot.

Mum still insists there is nothing wrong with her. She's living her life. That if there is something wrong with her, it's my fault and by the way, shouldn't the carers be sent to someone who is in 'more need'. It pulls me up a bit and I think she has a point. But then I see her fridge and cupboards bristling with more stock than Tesco. Wardrobes full of clothes she can't remember buying and think ... hang on a minute! It's a tough one for sure, and sometimes I don't think I have enough head space to cope, but how must my mum feel? It's an answer I know I'll never get.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Celiagibson