Lord Hanningfield - Care Needs Petition.

Another petition set up by Lord Hanningfield of Essex County Council. He started his petition at approx the same time as mine, yet he only has 53 signatures we have over 2,100. I was told by his office that he has people in parliament trying to get people to sign and yet there are hardly any signatures. He is a Lord, I am a Mr. I have phoned the man on at least 7 occasions and e mailed him on several. Alas no reply. Is it a serious petition?

Let's get him the 100 plus signatures he requires to get a government response and see what he does about it when he receives it.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/AdultSocialCare/

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Provide sufficient funding to meet the social care needs of the elderly and disabled, to recognise that with a growing elderly population the scale of the problem will only get worse and that a long term solution is now urgently needed.

Submitted by Lord Hanningfield of Essex County Council – Deadline to sign up by: 28 February 2008 – Signatures: 53

Kind Regards,

Stephen (Johnson) of www.continuingcarecampaign.info

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I've also signed.

I've just been told that I will not be informed when the PCT reassess my mum with regards to her nursing care contribution as she is fully LA funded! I wish that were true. She is actually on a deferred payment scheme. We went through all this last year and were old we would be informed when the reassessment was done but obviously it's not to be!

M

mickyinlondon

Signed as well Stephen; but why do Lords need help...:) :) :) :) :) Micky.

Gromit

Apr 3, 2006
Edinburgh
Hi

I have also signed. I noticed there are now 102 signatures so hopefully that should do the trick!

Alison

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL