Looks like they have been having fun.!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I have had 11 days away from dad. Funnily enough I missed him but it was great to catch up at home.I have read his care plan notes over the last few days. On one instance a carer came in to dad to give him his lunch and found dad shouting "no" in his recliner. She told me this yesterday. She has handed her notice in . She believes he was hallucinating.
Also another time the night girls came in to find dad trying to get out of the hospital bed. He needed the toilet.
I stayed overnight last night and he was shouting in his sleep. This morning the carer found him covered in sweat and very loose stools .I asked them to keep him in bed as he was also pale. I checked him before I left and they had double padded him and he had pressure sores... again. He declined breakfast with the carers but took some scrambled egg and a piece of bread and butter cut up from me. He didn't want any lunch.His appetite has nearly gone.I explained to him about his pressure sores and why I tilted him. Whether he stays in bed tomorrow remains to be seen.I am not there.
The other day when the carer came at lunchtime his breakfast was uneaten.He seems a lot calmer when I'm about.Unless it is just me.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hi @TNJJ, as @jennifer1967 says your dad trusts you. I keep on being amazed that the carer company haven't said they can longer meet your dad's needs, as things don't sound great for him.
I'm glad you managed to have a few days break. You've a lot on your plate with your dad and your mum as well.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi @TNJJ, as @jennifer1967 says your dad trusts you. I keep on being amazed that the carer company haven't said they can longer meet your dad's needs, as things don't sound great for him.
I'm glad you managed to have a few days break. You've a lot on your plate with your dad and your mum as well.
I'm amazed too. I have asked them to keep him in bed tomorrow as he only ate 1/2 for lunch. But drank 3 cups of tea. Again more pressure sores. Clinical paramedic is coming to get bloods tomorrow to do a clinical review at my request. He needs a medication review. Or this is a downturn.

KatyKat

May 8, 2022
I have had 11 days away from dad. Funnily enough I missed him but it was great to catch up at home.I have read his care plan notes over the last few days. On one instance a carer came in to dad to give him his lunch and found dad shouting "no" in his recliner. She told me this yesterday. She has handed her notice in . She believes he was hallucinating.
Also another time the night girls came in to find dad trying to get out of the hospital bed. He needed the toilet.
I stayed overnight last night and he was shouting in his sleep. This morning the carer found him covered in sweat and very loose stools .I asked them to keep him in bed as he was also pale. I checked him before I left and they had double padded him and he had pressure sores... again. He declined breakfast with the carers but took some scrambled egg and a piece of bread and butter cut up from me. He didn't want any lunch.His appetite has nearly gone.I explained to him about his pressure sores and why I tilted him. Whether he stays in bed tomorrow remains to be seen.I am not there.
The other day when the carer came at lunchtime his breakfast was uneaten.He seems a lot calmer when I'm about.Unless it is just me.
Everything you've written here reminds me of my Dad's last days earlier this year. Mum brought him home from the hospital to die in her kitchen, and I moved in with them temporarily.

Especially, I remember waking up to the sound of my Dad yelling "ah, ah, ah" over and over in his sleep. When I came downstairs, I found my 91 year old Mum, poor soul, fast asleep from watching over him for so many hours. I smoothed Dad's hair and his face very gently, while he slept, and the yelling stopped and his breathing became normal.

It's funny but they do seem to respond, even when they couldn't really be aware that you're there.