Looks like dad is heading down his last road.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Dear All,

Hope you’re all ok.

So, I’ve been in today with dad in the care home. He’s looking bad. Half asleep, very thin. Had breakfast, got a temp. He’s drinking a bit, not passing urine and constipated. He’s being catheterised again. Hopefully will pass urine. They’re getting a EOL, just in case box organised. His finger tips are starting to discolour. The nurse is aware and said circulation issues. They’re worried about him. He’s lost most speech, bar odd words.

Don’t think it’s going to be too long.

Thanks for listening.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
I’m so sorry @garfield3. I wish you strength.
Thanks for your kind words.

Spent most of the night at the home yesterday. Got a call saying his BP was extremely low. The nurses on duty seemed disinterested and incapable of making decisions. And didn't know what was going on or the background of dad. Paramedics were called and they said it was due to very little fluid intake. No need for hospital. and Try and encourage him to drink. They said to get his local Dr involved now.

Feel very calm at the moment but knackered.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Difficult times ahead. Yes he needs to drink, especially with it being so warm, but when you know its almost prolonging the inevitable, you do wonder why.

Hand hold if you need one x

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Difficult times ahead. Yes he needs to drink, especially with it being so warm, but when you know its almost prolonging the inevitable, you do wonder why.

Hand hold if you need one x
Thank you. Yes , I know what mean about the liquid. Big girl pants on for sure, now.

SassyD

May 21, 2022
Dear All,

Hope you’re all ok.

So, I’ve been in today with dad in the care home. He’s looking bad. Half asleep, very thin. Had breakfast, got a temp. He’s drinking a bit, not passing urine and constipated. He’s being catheterised again. Hopefully will pass urine. They’re getting a EOL, just in case box organised. His finger tips are starting to discolour. The nurse is aware and said circulation issues. They’re worried about him. He’s lost most speech, bar odd words.

Don’t think it’s going to be too long.

Thanks for listening.
I'm so sorry @garfield3 . Get rest when you can and be kind to yourself. It's so hard.
Sending a virtual hug. x

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
So sorry to read your latest posts. Hopefully your Dad is comfortable. Try to look after yourself too. Thinking of you both x

Valencia72

Aug 8, 2022
I'm so sorry your dad isn't doing well. Do look after yourself and I hope you have someone to look after you too x

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
So sad @garfield3. Thinking of you both.
Thank you.
Sending you a hug @garfield3 it's a truly horrible time I went through this with my own dad last year. Take care thoughts are with you.
I'm so sorry your dad isn't doing well. Do look after yourself and I hope you have someone to look after you too x
So sorry to read your latest posts. Hopefully your Dad is comfortable. Try to look after yourself too. Thinking of you both x
I’m so sorry. I wish you strength.
I’m so sorry. I wish you strength.
I'm so sorry @garfield3 . Get rest when you can and be kind to yourself. It's so hard.
Sending a virtual hug. x
Thank you all for your kind words. He’s looking better today and drinking and urine output is 150 ml. The nurse is happier that he is a little better. No EOL box yet as his BP is better etc. Not out the wood, maybe a big blip or not, who knows! He was speak a little more too today.

This roller coaster makes you dizzy!!

Sending strength and hugs to all on this journey.

Suex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27