Looks Like a Downwards Spiral

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Grannie G, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Sylvia,
    1) I don't think you are going on too much about your own situation and 2) If you were, why shouldn't you?
    Thank you for sharing what you have learned.
    Love Helen

2. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Sylvia

You certainly haven't gone on too much. The whole purpose of TP is to talk about things that worry us, and we all benefit from others' experience.

I don't think you've been unfair either. You were so worried when your husband appeared suicidal, and then when he was Ok with your son, you thought he was being manipulative. I suspect we would all have reacted the same way.

OK, you were wrong, and you still have to deal with the depression, but it was a genuine mistake, in a situation you hadn't encountered before. Don't beat yourself up, you're still his loving wife, and he still needs you.

Yes, remember for next time, and so will we all. I haven't encountered that scenario yet, but.......

Take care, love,

3. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    I echo what everyone else says.

The whole point of TP - as opposed to listening to professionals who may have no hands-on experience of caring full-time - is that we learn from people according to what they have experienced. There's no amount of gold that can be traded for that.

Your posts are great.

4. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    #24 Margarita, Feb 12, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
    Oh you have brought back a memory in what use to happen with my mother and I , it always happen when I was going out or doing something she did not like or not agreeing with her it was always

Oh why did you bring me back to UK , that it she was going back to Gibraltar it use to wind me up rotten which would wind her up more when I tried to explain the realistic fact in who was going to look after her and if they was no one how could she look after herself , as I look back I can smile now just thinking about it , but when I was living it I did not .

So I got to the point and I thought that my mother can’t see logic how can she manipulative. me , only I can let think that is happening , because that’s how she use to be when I was younger so I was bring my past with my mother in to my hear now , my mother ill she lost all control she trying to get back what littile control she can , even if it winded me up , and it did . but it only winded me up if I let it , so I chose not to let it and when she does do it yes slightly the other day with a shout , I look at her she looks at me we both know she sadly can’t do it , but till we both got to this point . What I would do I would agree with her ok I would say shall book ticket go along with it , then somehow I would change the subject and all was forgotten

Thanks for shareing Sylvia