1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Looking For Support in Greenwich Borough

Discussion in 'Younger people with dementia and their carers' started by BGreen, Feb 2, 2015.

1. BGreen

BGreen Registered User

Feb 2, 2015
    Hi All

I am a Housing Officer who is assisting a resident and her husband, the wife is aged 49 and has early onset dementia. These residents are lovely and have approached me asking if I know of any support I can find them. The support they are interested in is for group/clubs for both of them so they can meet others in the same situation for company and support. Can anyone offer any ideas? Many thanks

2. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    #2 nitram, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  3. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
  4. Stereochild

Stereochild Registered User

Feb 17, 2015
    Greenwich/Deptford
    Greenwich/Deptford area

Hi there,
    I am a private carer in the Greenwich/Deptford area and am looking after a client who is in his 50's and has early onset dementia. I too am looking for support groups for my client and have found that a group has been set up by GAD at the Deptford library (deptfordlounge.org.uk/). However no one has been attending it. My client and I went along today and became the very first to attend.
    Would the couple be interested in attending?? The next meeting starts from 1pm Tuesday in two weeks time. Would the couple be interested?