Looking for carer for my mum with dementia

monaliza

Mar 14, 2013
Hi Everyone
I need a help!! am looking for a carer for my mum who has Dementia. 10 Hours a week 2 hours per day.
Thanks
Mona A

Last edited by a moderator:

Mums helper

Sep 7, 2014
Hi,
What part of the country are you in? Are you eligible for Social Service help? Also the Red Cross or Age Concern might run schemes in your area. Most towns have carer agencies where the carer has been police checked, got references and usually some training. Hope you find someone soon.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

dexterharry

Feb 11, 2015
leeds
looking for carer/befriender

I am also looking for advice on carer/befriender for my husband He was diagnosed with dementia 3years ago when he was 64 , he was still working but had been off with depression which we now think was start of dementia. I am only 54 !! I also worked full time but I reduced my hours to 3 days a week last year as my husband was getting vey upset when I went out and his memory was getting worse.
I am feeling very low today and upset with life(not much sleep last two nights due to husband pacing and wandering) . We have no family support network, I have a elderly mother who lives in 300 miles away .
We have no support or help from any source we only see medical staff when I take him to doctors for another urine infection
.i feel very isolated I do not want to give my job up but I am getting worried about leaving him on own for 7 hours 3 days a week. I am looking for advice on how to get support like a befriender who could maybe pop in to check on him the days I am at work.I leave flask, lunch, notes everywhere so he knows where I am , but I know this can not continue .
I would appreciate any advice on how to find someone to trust to call in , I cant find anything on my local authority website (Leeds) the only time we had carers involved when we was very ill at begining and not eating , I asked for them to come and see what help we could get but we found them very patronising and just kept saying cant you give up work and claim carers.
Sorry this is so long and moaning but any advice would be gratefully received

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne2024