Look for a nice Policeman

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
Sometimes its nice that this awful condition can create moments of joy and laughter :)

Mark telephoned me the other day. He was in Central London, surrounded by Tourists and people busily going about their business in such a rush like there is no tomorrow. He was distressed, said he was lost and his Carer had abandoned him. Then I had a call from his Day Care centre to break the news to me that they had lost him! I told them not to worry I had dealt with the problem and we would be hearing something shortly.

I had said to Mark "now don't panic just see if you can find a rather good looking young Policeman. You know you like a uniform! Go and tell him you are lost and your Carer has disappeared and you need to go to Police Station"

An hour later the Day Care Centre get a call to collect him from Police Station. He then comes bounding home full of all his news. He has had the best field trip of any of the Day Centre clients that day. He found lovely and rather cute Policeman called Andy and he saw lots of others at Charing Cross Police Station and they chatted about all sorts of things. :D

I knew he would come up trumps!!! Bless him ;)

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
That's wonderful Robert. Thank god he called you. Now - what are you going to say to the people who "lost" him? I know it doesn't necessarily mean that they were negligent (I mislaid a child in a store once) but I would think you'd want some reassurance on that point.

And thanks goodness that in this instance the police really behaved as they should.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Thank God for a happy ending.

Yes, you really should have a little chat with the carer to figure out how Mark got separated from his carer so this could be (possibly) avoided in the future. At least they had the grace and sense to phone you right away.

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
Thanks for your support

They told me he RAN away!! If you ever saw Mark you would realise that Mark can't run anywhere, not even a fast canter or trot!! I never knew it was possible to be so slow :)

Anyway I have taken your advice and spoken to Day Care Centre and said he should have a one to one carer and I can even supply one if this is a problem. So we'll see. But he does like to visit the cute Policeman from time to time :D

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I'm glad he was found safe and sound I will try to remember that tip and look for a policeman
we found a sweet one on out london outing
P1140799 (640x480).jpg

heres elaine_n and helen33 trying to look cool!

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Robert I have received the new Dementia magazine and there you are, a lovely picture with Mark :) I hope your dispute with Bexley BC is sorted soon. Love and hugs Pauline xxx

BethT

Feb 27, 2012
just see if you can find a rather good looking young Policeman. You know you like a uniform!"

could apply to a lot of us!!! glad it ended happily.