Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
A very good morning all.
ImageUploadedByTalking Point1421389221.140646.jpg

Peace and Love

Dave7051

Jan 15, 2015
New to this

Just joined yesterday. My wife has had memory problems for about 5 or 6 years, things a starting to get a little worse. I have to say I feel a bit of a fraud when I read other peoples posting, my worries seem small compared to many of yours, but I do feel I need to talk.

Dave

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
Just joined yesterday. My wife has had memory problems for about 5 or 6 years, things a starting to get a little worse. I have to say I feel a bit of a fraud when I read other peoples posting, my worries seem small compared to many of yours, but I do feel I need to talk.

Dave

Hi Dave, Your post is more or less exactly word for word the same as my first post. In a way I still feel a bit of a fraud, but it is still extremely hard. My health started suffering and I was having more and more time off work but I have a very good employer who worked out a package for me so now I work 12 hours a week, Sat and Sun, on days instead of nights and I'm working my way through it.
Read as much as you can but don't let it scare you, there is lots of info out there. The two main things that have helped are seeing
a counsellor, and anti depressants from the doctor.
Don't try to do it on your own.
ImageUploadedByTalking Point1421400685.655417.jpg

Peace and Love

Dave7051

Jan 15, 2015
Thanks for your reply, I have retired, not sure if that's a good thing I seem to see less and less people. It does give me time for research and I'm on a very steep learning curve.
We are lucky she can still get about, we are having 4 weeks in Tenerife soon, its good for her to do what we have done often in the past. Not sure about anti-depressants yet but we have a local carers resource centre where people meet and share experiences , I will see them when we get back. Thanks again for your advice I can't get to much of that.

Dave

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Don't be afraid to post, Dave. It's better to start now rather than waiting until you feel at the end of your tether. We TPers are all at different stages and you will get loads of support. Enjoy your holiday.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Dave7051

Jan 15, 2015
Don't be afraid to post, Dave. It's better to start now rather than waiting until you feel at the end of your tether. We TPers are all at different stages and you will get loads of support. Enjoy your holiday.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Thanks truth24, we don't do much but its great to great away.I know we are all at different stages, I know we at the beginning, trouble is I don't know where we are going, I don't suppose anyone does. I will keep posting its only been a day or two but it helps
Dave

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Dave

Volunteer Moderators help keep the forum running smoothly. We watch for troublesome posts and spammers and move posts and Threads which could be better placed for more support.

All moderators have personal experience of dementia.

You can read about the moderators here.