Long way to go.

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
Night night all. Hope your day was as good as mine. K has been great all day, I sometimes wonder if it's me that's got the problem, in fact I know it is, she is as happy as Larry most if not all of the time.

Peace and Love

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
When I am at work on Saturday an Sunday's, six hours each day, K has been going to her children's. Now two of the three have decided that the don't want to do Saturday's so the have arranged for her to be dropped off at a care home to be looked after until I finish work. I know that K isn't going to like it and I would rather retire early to look after her and risk "a complete breakdown". K isn't aware that she is ill so I'm sure that she isn't going to understand why she is being sent to this strange place when she would rather be with the people she loves.

Peace and Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That`s a toughie Grumpy Gramps.

I can understand your ` two of the three ` to some extent because providing occasional care is less demanding then regular care, especially for those who have young families and value weekends for the freedom to be spontaneous.

Your wife may not believe she is ill but she is .

Your couple of days at work are valuable to you and it would be a shame to give them up.

Respite care does have the benefit of preparing the one with dementia to get used to the presence of others and might bode well for the future.

Perhaps you could introduce weekend day care as a `club`?

If you are caring 24/7 the time will come when you really will need a break so it might be wise to start now while it`s not absolutely necessary.

It isn`t a decision I had to make so I`m loathe to put myself in your shoes . For what it`s worth, I am just offering my point of view .

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
That`s a toughie Grumpy Gramps.

I can understand your ` two of the three ` to some extent because providing occasional care is less demanding then regular care, especially for those who have young families and value weekends for the freedom to be spontaneous.

Your wife may not believe she is ill but she is .

Your couple of days at work are valuable to you and it would be a shame to give them up.

Respite care does have the benefit of preparing the one with dementia to get used to the presence of others and might bode well for the future.

Perhaps you could introduce weekend day care as a `club`?

If you are caring 24/7 the time will come when you really will need a break so it might be wise to start now while it`s not absolutely necessary.

It isn`t a decision I had to make so I`m loathe to put myself in your shoes . For what it`s worth, I am just offering my point of view .

100% sensible point of view which is what I'm getting from all directions, I'm really going to stay strong if only for K's sake. Thanks GG

Peace and Love

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
a very late good morning, we had a good night here, and a dry one, I have just spent a delightful 10 mins at the kitchen sink, watching the birds at the bird table just outside the window, 2 robins, 2 bluetits a blackbird and a little brown bird, possibly a thrush, all having breakfast while I wash up, wonderful, and even OH managed to see them today, made his morning, hoping the rest of the day goes the same way, contentment as Grey Lad would say.

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
Tomorrow is the third week of day care for K and she has gone off one already. Looks like I've got this for the next sixteen hours.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
ImageUploadedByTalking Point1421134510.869331.jpg

Good morning.

Peace and Love