Long way to go.

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
Last few days I've been looking at Threads that people have started to keep returning to and dip in and out of. When I first started with depression it wasn't until I got professional help with counselling that it finally started started falling into place. My idea is that this is a bit like counselling and wont do me any harm.
Now I muddle through day to day some good and some bad but all eventful.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hey Grumpy Gramps. Good to meet you here. I love Talking Point. I've had so much support from so many people for a good while, now. I wouldn't be without it. Even when the dreadful day arrives, and I'm left a widow, assuming I outlive hubby - I'd still want to be a part of this place. The Members I've met have all become very dear to me.

As for you, come in, put your feet up and make yourself at home. You're always welcome :)

Lots of love to you, xx

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
Well are you all settled into the New Year yet? I made a resolution 45 years ago never again to make New Year resolutions add I've stuck to it. It doesn't take long for it to feel the same as last year.
My Daughter and Grandson are coming up for the day and K's good daughter is calling in later which will be nice,it's always nice to see a friendly face.
Time for me to wake the CO.
Yesterday she came down with her long johns on over her trousers and the day before clothes on over her Pjs
Peace and Love

Last edited:

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
Looks like I'm in the wide awake club. I've come down for a brew and catch up on TP and Facebook .I would prefer to do it in bed where I can nod off again but K just turns to face me and starts giving me the 3rd degree and won't settle until I go to sleep again.
Looking forward to Tuesday and K's second session of day care, this time it's rest and relaxation time all the way. A bit girlie but I think a nice warm bath with relaxing music and maybe even smelly lavender candles.
Yesterday evening I found a film on Netflix of a crackling log fire with music, I would put it on loop if I had my way. Kath said she was enjoying it but wanted the "Chase" on after 30 minutes. She keeps telling me how she used to work with Bradley Walsh.
Had a nice day yesterday, My daughter and youngest grandson came up for the day, I made them some pasta and pizza (warmed) still it went down very well. Then Kath's nice Daughter called in for an hour for a brew and a chat and to bring her some tops that she had bought her.
It's a pity everyone can't be that nice.
Peace and Love

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I've been awake for an hour now-it's good to have some company GG. Your day was great yesterday-lovely family from both sides. I hope today is just as good-but you need some sleep:D

Take care

Lyn T XX

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hope you are finding support here GG. I certainly do, it's a life line and I certainly feel as though I've made some good friends here. Wishing you well.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
Good daughter should be looking after K today but I'm on holiday so I'm giving her a day off. But I'm not telling the other pair of invisibles, I'll set of to work tomorrow and spend the day in the local Weatherspoons. Then come home after a "Hard day at work".

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
I know what people will say from both sides of the situation but SOC SVCS have suggested a weeks respite every eighth week which sounds like heaven but the controlling POA think that this is too expensive. They seem loath to use her money for her happiness, they are looking at much cheaper options, they have already taken her to look at one place which may or may not be ok. I know K's thoughts on respite and I am now thinking of finding different options where K's happiness is taken into account first and foremost.❔

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There should be a way to rescind a POA when it can be shown saving money, against the best interests of the one being cared for, is the first consideration.

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
Last September K's sister came to stay with her while I had a break. It was wonderful but I'm not happy about K going in a strange home for a week.

PEACE AND LOVE

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I wasn`t happy about the idea either Grumpy Gramps, until I was asked what would happen to Dhiren if I was taken ill and was unable to look after him.

I asked our CPN who said Dhiren would be placed in any free bed available.

I decided I needed to familiarise a care home with his likes and dislikes, his behaviours and his needs just in case, and so started to look for homes which I felt were suitable.

I left it so late, he only had one weeks` respite and a month later was in permanent care.

At least the staff knew him.

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
I has been running me ragged yesterday and today, refusing to go to daycare and then when the transport turns up she's as nice as nine pence. Had a talk with her social worker who suggested I get some one on one support from Alzheimer's society, so I'm waiting to hear from them now.
Hope your all well.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
Do hope tomorrow will be a better day, and you get a chance to recharge your batteries, its always difficult when the No word is used, hope the one to one is of help.

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
Good morning all, awoke full of optimism, must stay positive all day. K to clinic this morning followed by lunch at Sainsburys and a big heavy shop. Taxi home I think.
Have a nice day everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point