Long time no word.

C.Waring

Feb 6, 2004
Lancashire(East)
It is now one year this week since my husband Jim died as a result of a long and difficult battle against alzheimers. He was 59 and seem to loose his life far too early. I am still coming to terms with this loss and trying to adjust to a life which is so different from when I had jim to care for.
I miss him desperatly but am glad he was released from the suffering from which he could not get better.
I am writing with a query. For the last 12 months with the help of my sister I have been doing my little bit to try to raise funds for, and awareness of early onset AD. We have been busy making and selling hand made cards for all occasions and as a result of our efforts I am delighted to have raised £800, which I want to donate in the week of Jims anniversary.
My questions are, Can this be used purely for early onset AD, who do I send it too and how do I go about gift aiding the money so that the society gets the maximum amount and not the tax man? Hope this is a question you can help me with. I will continue with my fund raising in fact Christmas cards are already on tne production line!
Many thanks for the help this contact gave me during the years of suffering and I do still visit too read postings but usually on my daughter viks computer. I was extremely proud of her recently when she spoke so well about this disease on the Jeromy Vine radio show.

Anne54

Sep 16, 2004
Nottingham
Dear Carole
Well done for raising all that money.
I would ring the help line if I were you, they should be able to help.
Anne

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Carol, so good to hear from you. Well done for all your efforts, especially at a time when you could sit back and take the easier road. Congratulations, and I am sure as Anne said HQ will be able to point you in the right direction. Love Connie

Vik

Jan 29, 2004
Derbyshire
Thanks for lovely comments.

Many thanks for the supportive comments on my fund raising. Isent my cheque off to co-incide with the first annual date of Jim's death. The day passed we all kept very busy as a family, but thinking of him too, time helps but the memory of the illness does not fade and because of this my answer to Norman is yes I will definitely be selling again this Christmas so if any one close by has any functions for the society and would like to sell a few cards I will be willing to help. Carole