long day

mickyb

Feb 6, 2008
essex
Hi all
Karen got me up at 3 AM today to get ready for pick up for club(day center)has no idea of time three changes and baths later threw the dinner at me and wants to go home? finally encouraged her to go to bed getting very tired and just wondered where to go from here.Ill try scocial in the morning but not holding my breath.Sorry to harp on just nice to relax and get it all out
my heartfelt thoughts are with you all
:confused:
mickyb

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Mickeyb - you have my admiration for coping with this situation when you must be dead tired. Not a lot anyone can say to make it better, but hopeful writing it down improves it a bit.

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Hi Micky

Are you new to the site? Don't recognise your name. Karen sounds like a relatively young person, and unfortunately just like my mum in her mental state, no idea of time or perception of what is appropriate at what time.

You'll get lots of support on here, I'm often "on" in the early hours, others will be more civilised.

I didn't live with mum, so her confusion about day/night etc. hit me like a sledge hammer, especially when she was discovered waiting for a bus into town at 2 a.m.

She spent 6 weeks in an assessment centre at the local hospital and we were told she needed 24 hour care. Perhaps you have gone through that already? But if not, you probably need to. Not fun.

Keep in touch

Love

Margaret

mickyb

Feb 6, 2008
essex
Thanks margaret
yes karen is now 48 diagnosed 3 years ago 24 hr care is in the back of my mind and creeping forwards cant tell a lie its hard but there seems to be nothing in my area geared up for someone of Karens age Ill keep looking though got over my pride bit dont mind asking now

Thanks a million
Micky

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello micky
Is there any day care available for Karen while you try to sort things out?
If she attended day care, it might tire her and she might sleep better.
It helped my mother, but she was in her 70`s so it might be unfair to compare her with a woman of 48, it`ll be a different form of dementia.
Have you seen your GP to see if there is any medication Karen could have to help her sleep. I find I can cope with much during the day, as long as I get a good night`s sleep.
Forget about pride, there is only so much you can manage and inappropriate behaviour would test the patience of a saint.
Good luck with SS. I hope they can help you.
Take care xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti