1. Our next Q&A session is on the topic of Christmas and dementia.This time we want our Q&A to involve our resident experts, you! Share tips and advice on navigating Christmas here in this thread.

Pop by and post your questions or if you prefer you can email your question to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

London & New York Marathons

Discussion in 'Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society' started by Steve Thompson, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Steve Thompson

Steve Thompson Registered User

Oct 29, 2004
    I turn 50 in November of this Year, and have decided to run the London Marathon and New York Marathon to celebrate this milestone!! Some people think I am mad - considering I could only run for a minute at a time 12 months ago!! I am much fitter now - and have run 3 10k Runs, Birmingham,London and Liverpool, and am now in serious training for April 2005! I have applied for a lottery place and also to run as a Gold Bond Runner for the society - either way the Society will benefit. I now face the daunting taskof raising the money!! Almost as frightening as running 26.2 miles!!

I am trying to raise funds by letting out our two bed Villa at Villa Martin, Costa Blanca, Spain, ideal for Golf nuts or sun worshippers! I just want to cover the cleaning and energy cost (£50) and then I am asking for a minimum contribition £150 per week, which will go straight to my fund raising. It would normally cost between £350 and £500 per week to rent the house.

I have allocated a certain number of weeks,so first come first served!

I really hope this works - my mum suffers with Alzheimers, and I would love to give the Society something back.

Would anybody be interested? Sleeps 4 - 8 people,
    Hope to hear from somebody, sometime!!
    Many thanks

Stev