London & New York Marathons

Steve Thompson

Oct 29, 2004
I turn 50 in November of this Year, and have decided to run the London Marathon and New York Marathon to celebrate this milestone!! Some people think I am mad - considering I could only run for a minute at a time 12 months ago!! I am much fitter now - and have run 3 10k Runs, Birmingham,London and Liverpool, and am now in serious training for April 2005! I have applied for a lottery place and also to run as a Gold Bond Runner for the society - either way the Society will benefit. I now face the daunting taskof raising the money!! Almost as frightening as running 26.2 miles!!

I am trying to raise funds by letting out our two bed Villa at Villa Martin, Costa Blanca, Spain, ideal for Golf nuts or sun worshippers! I just want to cover the cleaning and energy cost (£50) and then I am asking for a minimum contribition £150 per week, which will go straight to my fund raising. It would normally cost between £350 and £500 per week to rent the house.

I have allocated a certain number of weeks,so first come first served!

I really hope this works - my mum suffers with Alzheimers, and I would love to give the Society something back.

Would anybody be interested? Sleeps 4 - 8 people,
Hope to hear from somebody, sometime!!
Many thanks

Stev