logging on

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Please can anybody tell me why I lose my log on details when I click onto a link. I have just read the Jono article and there they were "gone Again"
I don't notice until I want to reply to a thread

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
Hi Mocha

Not sure this is the same thing ....... but I think when you log in you stay logged in while you're "active" and for so long afterwards, but it's not very long. So maybe whilst you're "away" reading something in a link your log in expires. I recently realised that if I clicked the "remember me" box when I logged in, I wouldn't have the problem of getting logged out like that.

Hope this helps.

Áine

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi mocha

press the "remember me" checkbox when you log in ... or are you already doing this?

Attachments

• remember me.jpg
    remember me.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 469

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
re. Logging on

Thanks Aine and Brucie,
Never been sure what the 'remember me box' was for, sometimes I tick it and other times not. I'll certainly do it in future.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Don`t know whether or not it`s the right thing to do, but I have TP on `Favourites` and don`t need to log in or out.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
It is likely that you ticked the "Remember Me" box the first time and have remained logged on ever since.

Putting TP in Favourites won't have kept you logged in, as far as I know.

Generally speaking, after having been 'remembered', the only way you get 'forgotten' is either to log out yourself, or if you clear out your cookies, or if you use a different PC.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Brucie. It`s TP and the discussion Board that`s on Favourites, not the AS Home Page. Sylvia

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I don't think it matters which url you put on there, Favourites simply stores that url, but not any other associated information [such as whether you are remembered].

.. as far as I know

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Hi Mocha,

I stopped losing my log on details after Nada told me to always tick the remember me box........never had any trouble since!

Thanks Nada.

Jan.